Thursday, March 26, 2009


Ostara was this past weekend. To celebrate the Sabbat, I went out on Friday after work with my friend, Catt, where we had a lovely Chinese dinner at our favorite buffet. Over dinner, we "broke bread" together, shared a few laughs and made a cherry Coke float. I did like my fortune that was in my Fortune Cookie. It read, "You will receive praise for a job well done." I had just finished up my 1st week at my new job, so this sounded hopeful.

The next day, we went for a road trip to a beautiful place about an hour's drive from the city. The sun was shining, the air was cool (freezing when we were at her cottage). We walked around the little town, perusing shops. We went into a Pagan store, cleverly disguised as a souvnir shop where I purchased more if I need anymore, but there was a deal, fill up a pouch for $5.99. I did with 7 beautiful new stones. I also bought a pretty shell that's big enought to hold some of my crystals or my smudge stick, I haven't yet decided. I saw a Faerie that I would like to someday get. Catt said it reminded her of me, as she was sitting on a pile of books reading. I also saw a small clear gazing ball (I won't use the term 'crystal' as it was probably made of glass). There was a Bluestone in the shop that came from Stonehenge. It was about 2', floating above a misty fog. Catt wanted me to touch it, but I chickened out. Bluestone freaks me out for some reason, whenever I touch it, a burning hot shoots up my arm and it's not a good feeling.

I took a lot of pictures that day of our drive back to the city, mostly of a beach where we were tempting the Gods to get our feet wet. Everytime a wave would come in, if it didn't reach our feet, we would heckle (ok, I heckled). A few times, we did have to run back a few feet as the waves came barreling onto the shore. It was great fun!! It was a great day to usher in the 1st full day of Spring.

I did set up my altar (see above) for the Sabbat. I had planned to do a solitary ritual, but the day's activities pooped me out. I had it all set up, ready to go, but I crashed and fell asleep. The next day, I planned to do it after my son went to bed, but I was thrown for a loop by my father. I have that story in another blog posting (see "I'm Back!!).

So, I guess that even though I didn't do a "proper" ritual, I did indeed celebrate Ostara. I spent it with my good friend, we had dinner, enjoyed the sunshine and welcomed Spring in our own unique way. That's all that matters, isn't it??


Post a Comment