Saturday, April 18, 2009

Something I came across

I found this recipe for Beltaine punch as I was going through my books. I've tried it and liked it (considering I don't like pineapple juice) Since I live in Canada and find it hard to find Hawaiian Punch, I've used fruit punch instead.

For the punch:
48oz Hawaiian Punch or fruit punch
1 can each of frozen Orange juice & Lemonade (from concentrate)
48oz Pineapple juice
2 litres of Ginger Ale

Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a mixing bowl and refrigerate. When you are ready to serve the punch, pour juice mixture into punch bowl and add the Ginger Ale. Garnish with slices of orange.

I have also made an ice ring to compliment the punch. Here's how you make it, as well:

About a dozen ripe strawberries (not the large ones from California, they're too big)
3 cups of orange juice, I prefer the frozen kind over the sugary sweet kind

Place the berries in a bundt cake pan or a ring mold. Pour the juice over them and freeze. Once frozen, remove ring from mold and float it in the punch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment