Friday, May 28, 2010

A Change in Behavior

Have you ever had something happen in your life that makes a change in how you see the world? I have and that is why I haven't been blogging as often as I was. I've been going through a metamorphosis, if you can call it that. In the past few months, I have been doing a lot more journeying into the Otherworld, meeting my animal totem, working with the Great Mother and of course, reading tons of books.

I'm finding that I am not doing much in terms of rituals. I am trying to live my spiritual life as an honour to the Goddess & God. I am trying to follow the Wheel of the Year as best as I can whilst living in an urban setting, not an easy task as city spirits are a lot more fickle than their counterparts out in nature. I'm not saying that I have stopped doing Ritual altogether, just not for every Esbat and Sabbat. I feel I can honour the Gods in how I live, not by what color candle I burn on my altar or what incense I burn. Honouring Deity is not all about ritual and I have finally realized that.

In my previous post, I mentioned about my recent visit to a working homestead. While I was planting those tiny parsnip seeds (which remind me of oatmeal) I felt that connection to the Green Man. He was helping me along the way and keeping the breeze from blowing away the seeds I held in my hand. Each seed I planted was an offering to Him and a quiet thank you for bringing me to this point. I have honoured the Horned God, Green Man, Cernunnos, but it wasn't as pronounced as my honouring the Great Mother. This was the connection I needed. As I rode in the back of the carriage through the woods, I felt His presence all around me. I silently thanked Him for letting me be in His "turf", so to speak.

I had posted my blog posting in my notes on Facebook, my good friend, Cliff, responded with some very profound comments for me. Maybe the bucolic lifestyle could be for me, even though I do consider myself as not very good in the garden dept. I did enjoy my time I spent with the horses, sticking up for Acorn as she was being bullied by the other two. I felt a kinship with her, as I was picked on by my older brother growing up and having one particular girl on my street who tormented me everyday.

That homestead did something to me in a way I cannot explain. I totally get power in nature that you can't get in a city space. The energy there is so different, even the moon looks better in the wide open space of a field. Does that mean I'm going to pack everything up & move to the country?? Probably not right this second, but maybe later on down the road (just have to find a man to join me). I saw Green Magic in its purest form, no ritual required, no special spells (even though they may have secretly been in use)

1 comments:

Changing Girl said...

Awesome! I had a experience similar to that long ago (seems like eons ago) but I am currently (as you may know) in a doubtful phase; I am hoping this is a cleaning for me to get back on my spiritual feet. I found your words inspiring & hopeful; a reminder of whom I wish to refind in myself one day. I think it is cool that you were refreshed and connected with Him - I agree that our urban settings make it difficult.

Post a Comment