Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Spell Candle Box


Ok, since I'm unemployed and it's rainy outside (no bus fare to go out looking) I've been gettin' crafty. I found a wooden box in my craft stuff that was screaming to be decorated. It's about 6"x 9", a good size to store all my spell candles. So, last night after putting the youngling to bed, I pulled out some of my paints and went at it.


I started by painting the whole box black, inside & out. When it dried, I drew a Spiral Goddess in pencil on it. I then filled it in with purple shimmery paint. I added her breasts & the spiral with a darker purple paint.


There are 2 rows of 17 candles, separated by tissue paper. I have the darker candles on the bottom & the lighter ones on the top. I also had room to place my 6 white candles perpendicular to the 34. There was also room for my 2 white candle holders.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. I have been meaning to make me a box for my candles also. So this gives me some ideas. Thank you.

greekwitch said...

I love the Goddess so much! Truly beautiful! Do you mind if i use your Goddess idea on something mine, like a candle..?

Rue said...

This is wonderful. I have my candles in a short vase right now, but a box is such a nice idea. Beautiful Goddess painting!

Rowan LeBoutillier said...

I found the box at a craft store awhile back...it was just laying about empty & I needed a place to store my candles. I may make a few more boxes and use them as giveaway. Baut that won't be until after the holidays, maybe in Jan or Feb.

Changing Girl said...

Gorgeous!! Nice candle organization inside too ;-)

Rowan LeBoutillier said...

Thanks, GreenWheel!! I have this thing where I have to put things in order, so with the candles I put them in a spectrum. The darker colors are underneath. )O(

Post a Comment