Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mabon

Ok, so I have been thinking a lot about what I am going to do this year for Mabon. I may be going to a public ritual this Saturday, if I can get my son's father to look after him for a little bit while I go do this. I usually don't do the whole public ritual thing, as I usually practice solitary, but I think it would be interesting to see how others celebrate the harvest (this is the 2nd harvest celebration on the Wheel). I was at the location the other night, a bit breezy with wind coming off the water, hoping my new robe I made won't get lit up ☺

I have also been invited to a little ritual on the day of the actual Sabbat, next Thursday, with a few friends. Not sure if I can make it. I would like to go, but I still have my son with me. It also is a full moon that evening and I have some things I need to do, that I usually do solitary when I combine Sabbat rites with Esbats. Just a little dilemma for me. Don't get me wrong, I love being with friends, but I am a little self-conscious about how I do my thing. I know, get over it, right?? This is something I am trying to do. Under my skin is still a shy person lurking.

1 comments:

Mickie Mueller Art said...

Have a wonderful Mabon whatever you do! Your post made me look forward to it even more!

Post a Comment