Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy November!!!


Happy November to you all!! I hoped that all you Samhain festivities were awesome. I know that here in my house it was. I'm a little exhausted with the trick or treating we did last night, my Samhain ritual and the time change.

November in my house is a time to rest after a busy last 2 months with Mabon & Samhain. This is when I take down all the decorations, tidy up and prepare for the upcoming Yule season. It is also the time when, here in Canada, we remember our fallen heroes on the 11th.

November is also when I start my holiday baking. This year, I'll be making my favorite shortbread recipe, which I may post on here...not sure, it's my "secret" family recipe, I'll be making my mom's chocolate chip cookies, chocolate macaroon cookies, molasses cookies, etc. I also pull out the slow cooker to make boiled dinners, a family tradition in my house since I was a kid. I usually make chicken stews, beef stews, corned beef & cabbage. I may even be making my homemade chilli. Comfort food to warm up our bones when the temperature drops.

As much as most of you out there hate this...snow will soon be falling. I, personally, love the snow in winter. From the howling of a Nor'easter to the gentle falling of snow at night time, I love it!! To see the snow on the branches first thing in the morning is a sight to behold.

Wanna know what else I love about this month?? The Twilight Saga: New Moon is out on the 20th!! Yes, I love me some Edward Cullen. I have 3 weeks to wait til I get to see this movie. I've been following it on other blogs since they started filming it back in March. You can say I'm a little obsessed.

So, this ends my into to November. May you all be rested up this month for the soon-to-be-here Solstice/Yule/Christmas season. Remember, it's only 51 days 'til Solstice.

)O( Blessed Be,
Rowan

0 comments:

Post a Comment