Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Slow Week for Rowan

Hey there!! I know I haven't been on as much, my bad. There's nothing new going on right now with me, except that I joined the unemployed yesterday. But don't worry, I'm a resilient gal who always bounces back, like a red rubber ball.

Found a really cool site that you all may like. A friend on Facebook recommended it to me. It's the Pagan Radio Network. You can stream it from Windows Media Player, Quicktime, iTunes, etc. It's all Pagan music. There are podcasts there, as well. I'm listening to it right now as I blog.

I've been noticing already that some of the other blogs I follow are decorated for Yule. It's hard to believe that the Solstice will be upon us in a few short weeks. I started putting out my outside icicle lights on my patio, since the weather here is uncommonly mild for November. This time last year we were under 30cm of snow. Speaking of Yule, I had designs on getting myself a really nice Yule basket that I saw at the Sacred Mists Shoppe. It's a basket filled with yummy goodies to help you this Sabbat. There are incenses, an altar cloth, candles, a mini besom, etc. But now as I am jobless, I will hopefully get the Imbolg basket instead. They offer baskets for the 8 Sabbats.

Ok, if you haven't figured it out, I am a Twihard. I'm a 35 yr old Twilight freak!! I saw New Moon on Thursday night, it was a sneak peak showing. All I have to say is: "Holy Crap, Batman!!" It is a little over 2 hrs long. Lots of bare chests (Note to self: Don't look at Taylor Lautner, he's old enough to be your son) and a sparkly Edward. The movie has a good pace to it and it follows the book about 90%. I did have to laugh at the girlfriends dragging their boyfriends to this movie. There was a huge group of gay guys who gasped everytime you see Jacob shirtless.. I had a really good time. Now I can't wait for it to come out onto DVD this spring.

Oh, before I forget, I became a member this week of the Black Hat Society. Yay!! Thanks, Jennifer for accepting me. From what I can see, there are a few other Canadians there. It's a great group, I've been on joining groups, reading posts, getting to know the group of wonderful witches there. I love it!!

Blessing to you all,
Rowan

0 comments:

Post a Comment